Today, July 1st, Princess Diana would have been 51 years old.
As I look back at old youtube videos of Princess Diana, I can’t help but become obsessed with her life. I now understand why the world was so transfixed by this remarkable woman, and why one of the only memories I have from being 8 years old was when she passed away. Her aura was that of an angel.
Princess Diana could have continued changing the world for the better if she had only been given more time. Her personal life was often dark; struggling with bulimia, depression, suicidal tendencies, and divorce. But her unwavering commitment to those in need never stopped. She brought immense attention to HIV/AIDS, land mines, leprosy, and numerous other causes around the world. Her empathy for those less fortunate made her one of the greatest humanitarians the world has ever known.
Leading up to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, I often heard people say that the amount of attention given to to the Royal Family is ridiculous. But as Princess Diana showed, we need people with status to motivate the masses. Without her popularity, her work would have been ignored and unsuccessful. Diana should be an example to the Royal Family of what to do with the resources, opportunity and attention they are given.
Princess Diana proved why the Royal Family can, should, and does matter.
Some of the video clips and documentaries I’ve watched about Princess Diana even brought tears to my eyes. She had the ability to bring comfort and joy to those even on their death beds. Diana had an indescribable touch and warmth that even when looking back now, I can see and feel, but not explain. She related to people.
For someone who was so plagued by insecurities and sadness, Diana was able to bring happiness, help, and hope to millions around the world. We were robbed when she was taken from us at the early age of 36. We need her compassion now more than ever. RIP.
“I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved” ~Princess Diana
- pr1ncess-die likes this
- muster-therohirrim reblogged this from wanderfulways
- rachelsearthlywonderandawesome reblogged this from wanderfulways
- wanderfulways reblogged this from nashilapremji14
- nashilapremji14 reblogged this from gardensgrey and added:
- almostblackandwhite likes this
- mariadelrosa likes this
- k1ngwithoutacrown reblogged this from gardensgrey
- kariballs reblogged this from pointefive
- meredithperkins8 reblogged this from lovelyprincessdiana
- thegirlwithkaliedoscopeeyes reblogged this from katiemorrison94
- katiemorrison94 reblogged this from gardensgrey
- smile-love-and-give reblogged this from que-seraa
- jennifer-louise reblogged this from gardensgrey
- jennifer-louise likes this
- colorful-smile reblogged this from onedirectionforyainfo
- onedirectionforyainfo reblogged this from gardensgrey
- brightlights-and-sleeplessnights likes this
- punjabi-style reblogged this from pointefive
- f0rget-me-n0tt reblogged this from pointefive
- ovofreespirit likes this
- lo0k-how-they-shine-for-you reblogged this from pointefive
- pointefive reblogged this from superb1a
- pointefive likes this
- superb1a reblogged this from newyorkneedsme-oneday
- newyorkneedsme-oneday reblogged this from totilas
- lovedoesnotmeasure reblogged this from broptimus-prime
- m-arlis likes this
- amoouurr reblogged this from broptimus-prime
- iwillpimpslapyou reblogged this from broptimus-prime
- nzor reblogged this from broptimus-prime
- amb1tious likes this
- rapecouture likes this
- blueinangst likes this
- st-and reblogged this from tranklan
- tranklan reblogged this from broptimus-prime
- que-seraa likes this
- marathimirchi reblogged this from que-seraa
- end-overend likes this
- utopianchaos likes this
- flvckx likes this
- br0wnn likes this
- callmeredhead reblogged this from broptimus-prime
- au-la likes this
- strangenessandlove reblogged this from broptimus-prime
- broptimus-prime reblogged this from beyondcloudnine and added:
- bohemianesthete likes this
- manpreettoor reblogged this from beyondcloudnine
- idealistic-dreamer reblogged this from beyondcloudnine